~ ~ where some see a hopeless end, others see an endless hope ~ ~


Monday, January 09, 2012

SING a new song!


I love music.  I love the whole world of music.  I love tappin my toe to a good beat and being “that girl” in the car next to you at a red light when my favorite song is on the radio.... Everything about the art of it, the way it makes people feel, the way it motivates, inspires, drives, and heals.  I love music.
And now I live in a city full of musicians.  And my heart lives in a continent full of hopeful spirit and talent.
And not trying to pursue a musical career, sometimes I ask God why He has given me this passion.  Why He speaks to my heart through music and creative expression.  I’ve been so impacted by it, that’s it’s literally been steering my Lifeship all these years. . . So, WHAT do I do with it?
Since I can remember, I have wanted to introduce the arts to children in impoverished areas all over the world, to heal them, teach them, train them, igniting their passion to use it for the Lord, and empowering them to use their talents to further succeed in life.  And when the bible calls us to walk out the mandate given in James 1:27—I want to do so through Music.  

*I want children to know they’re beautiful and talented.
*I want them to know how special they are because they have gifts the Lord specifically chose them to have.
*I want them to feel a healing they’ve never felt before.
*I want children to know they have a Future, because they have a Hope.


This May, my Visiting Orphans co-worker Frank Pass, our partner Artist Johnnyswim, a team of musicians, and I will be heading to Gisenyi, Rwanda, bringing the gift of music to share God’s love with over 600 orphans. 

Music is an important part of the Rwandan culture, communicating God’s love that transcends language and cultures, and it plays an important role in the lives of Rwandan orphans.  We will be uniting this team’s unique talents and skills into a themed mission trip to teach the youth in Rwanda how to use their musical gifts!  We want to empower these children to use their talents to further succeed in life.  We want to show them, not only is Music an opportunity for expression—it’s an opportunity for healing.


JAMES 1:27 is clear when it states that, "pure religion is to visit orphans and widows in their distress."  And I’m asking you to consider how saying, “Yes” just might change you forever.  I’m praying you want to share your God given talents with the world, in places that need it the most.


We are inviting people with many varieties of musical experience including singers, songwriters, worship leaders, music teachers, children’s music leaders, production, instrumentalists, etc.  We are looking for various talents and skills to contribute to this amazing team of Musical Missionaries!  So, I want to challenge individuals that have shown a passion for the Lord, have a heart for the Orphan, and want to share the love of Jesus through Music to ask yourselves,
What can I do with it?” 


Please consider joining me, my Co-Leader Frank Pass, Abner and Amanda Ramirez, and the rest of the Music Mission Team to Rwanda this coming May!! 


CONTACT FRANK PASS or MYSELF for more information on becoming involved!


"Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy.”  -Psalm 33:3


 



SIGN UP for the MUSIC MISSION in RWANDA HERE!


Visiting Orphans is a registered 501c3 whose mission is “to awaken the body of Christ to be the hands and feet of Jesus to the 163 Million orphans by visiting them, loving them, and sharing the Father’s heart.”
www.visitingorphans.org
Frank Pass (Rwanda, Ethiopia, Ukraine Trip Coordinator):  frank.pass@visitingorphans.org
Amanda Herdina (Executive Assistant):  amanda.herdina@visitingorphans.org

No comments:

Post a Comment