~ ~ where some see a hopeless end, others see an endless hope ~ ~


Tuesday, July 26, 2011

why A.Rae?

The inevitable question would come up… you know you spelled Ray, wrong…right?

I’ll just nip this one right away.

People.  The name’s Amanda.  And my middle name is Rae.  Put it together….

…. ok ok ok, there’s more to it.  Sorry.  Actually, the name started coming together because over the years some friends and I began to notice a pretty common occurrence that would happen to me and my pictures I’d take.  It really wouldn’t matter where or when, but there would always be a bright ‘ray of light’ in the background.  And it’s no lie that about 98% of the time, it wasn’t me trying to ‘capture that right moment’.  I decided to start documenting the pictures, and a big photo journal started taking place.

So it would only be a matter of time that the nickname, A.Rae started sticking.

Now, I’m not trying to be arrogant.  Conceited, too Self-Confident or any of the such.  But there tends to be truth to the statement that I can actually bleed light onto a dark subject.  I like to see the good in things.  I see silver linings, and I’m a pretty positive person.  And it’s the things around me that make me this way.

Nature.  Songs.  Family.  Smiles.  Quotes.  Friends.  Pictures…. I mean, the list could go on forever.

So when I had a conversation with God about what to actually name this Blog thingy, we actually had a lot of fun with it.  And it came down to the mere fact that I LOVE being inspired.  I love to inspire.  I love watching inspiration generate.  And to inspire is to grow Hope.  He even had the nerve to tell me that I have the ability to do just that.  Inspire Hope.

So, I guess my mission with my blogs is simple.  I hope that with some of my posts, adventures, pictures, songs, quotes--whatever it may be I’m feeling that day, I hope to inspire someone who just happened to be reading…

What inspires you?

1 comment:

  1. i love you and your heart Amanda Rae. you inspire HOPE for me! love you!

    ReplyDelete