~ ~ where some see a hopeless end, others see an endless hope ~ ~


Sunday, July 24, 2011

Another One Bites the Dust

Take a deep breath....... AND GO.

I get asked probably once a day at least, "Do you blog?" "Are you on Twitter"... "What's your status?" Uuuuum. I'm not gonna lie. Before modern day technology took it's leaps and bounds into this social media society, I had a good hand at writing in a journal. .... A WHAT? Yes, a journal. Ya know. pen. paper. ...

But then, this new world evolved and it was like, PRESSURE: Write your feelings--> GO!. PRESSURE: Who are you following, why are you following, are they following you--> GO! PRESSURE:.. wait, what? You're "Not in a relationship?!" .... Gasp.
And I lost it.

I lost my motivation to write. I lost my motivation to find the inner 'me', cuz the outer me was so overwhelmed with trying to stay updated with the times that I forgot how to "Feel". I forgot how to channel in on my emotions and feelings and just Write. I really honestly never thought that I was 'that important' that people would actually WANT to know what I was thinking or feeling or.... TWEETING. (Yes, Mom, I'll explain later). Not to mention, I ramble. A lot. My self-diagnosed ADD comes in and it's like.... "Oooh, I was floating on the lake and ...OH! A SQUIRREL!". So, I guess, sharing my thoughts to the world comes as a bit of a terror for me, really.

Well. I decided that today, in 2011, I would be a grown up about it and compromise. I would NEVER dreaaaaaaam of sharing what was in my Diary back in the day! You know, those Lisa Frank neon Unicorns, with the plastic lock and key that you hid between your mattresses so your younger brother wouldn't find it and read it to your 4th grade crush on the school bus?.... No. Not going there.

But every now and again, there may be something I'd like to share with the world. And maybe, just maybe, the world would like to hear it.

So in my compromise, I decided that I would still continue to Journal (in good 'old fashion pen and paper), then summarize it for ya'll, and post it on this here "Blog" thingy. But I ask in return that you bare with me. That you have patience with me during this transition. That you keep reading on, even if I drift from point to point. Cuz believe me, once you get to the end (even if it's hours later)--I will make a point. Eventually...

No comments:

Post a Comment