~ ~ where some see a hopeless end, others see an endless hope ~ ~


Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Why Run?

Such a sweet post from my friend Jackie Chapman!  (She does a much better job at paraphrasing what I’m doing than me…I babble.  She gets to the point)….  Thanks Jackie for sharing…

“Why am I Running?"


My Friend Amanda Is Jumping…

My friend Amanda will be running the Chicago Marathon in October. And while that is a big goal in and of itself, she is also raising $9,000 for Visiting Orphans, an organization very near to her heart. This is a big jump for her: to make this run and to make this goal.
In her words… “On October 7th, I have committed to running 26.2 miles in Chicago for all the little kiddos, all the faces I have seen, and the smiles I have absorbed. I have committed to running this marathon for THEM. I promised that while training, while running, during the race that I would share their story. I’m running this race as an incentive to raise the money, to spread the awareness, and to share their cause. And I’m asking for your help in supporting me.
“This is for Jovia. And Lillian. Norine, Denize, Noella, and Baby Valentine. This is for the orphans who are no longer just a statistic, but a face. A name.”
By way of information, Visiting Orphans is a non-profit organization that conducts missions trips for churches, schools, and individuals from across the country to orphanages in China, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Uganda, Ghana, Kenya, Ecuador, Ukraine, Haiti, El Salvador, Honduras, India and Costa Rica. They work to fulfill the biblical mandate given in James 1:27 of “visiting orphans” in their distress. You can read more at visitingorphans.org.
I made my donation and I hope that you will also help Amanda reach her goal.
HOW TO DONATE ONLINE:
Visit:  https://www.visitingorphans.org/cgi-bin/donate.cgi
Fund Category: Chicago Marathon
Specify Team Member: Amanda Herdina
HOW TO DONATE BY MAIL:
Checks Payable to VISITING ORPHANS
449 Metroplex Drive
Nashville, TN 37211
Specify Amanda Herdina/Chicago/Rawanda in the memo line

Jackie has such an awesome story, so the fact she took the time to post and repost this means the world to me!  Once a music industry guru, she has made the brave decision to jump into full time ministry and is now working with Global Initiative.  Read more about Jackie’s adventure at HER BLOG at http://jaqchapman.com



I DO get to visit orphans, telling them how important they are.  That they have a purpose, a destiny.  That they have been forgiven, or that they have a place in this world.  I get to love on them.  And when it’s said and done, it’s probably more therapy to me than them.  And my heart beats.

Because of this, I wanted to DO something I love FOR something I love.  I’m running this marathon for THEM.  When I cross that finish line, I want to remember that I’m running for a Cause.  There are 163 million orphans in the world.  I’m running for THEM…

Run with me?  I’d love for your help in also sharing this blog.  Posting it. Reposting it.  Tweeting it… Help me get to my finish line???

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment